The Australian Rally Hall of Fame Evening is fast approaching for 2015. It will be held on the evening of Thursday, May 14, so secure your tickets now.
In case you haven’t seen the list as yet, the inductees this year are: John Bryson, Greg Carr, Dave Johnson, Peter Macneall, Ross Runnalls, Ross Tapper, Coral Taylor and Jeff Whitten.
Of course with the announcement that WRC Star Juha Kankkunen is to be the guest speaker, the stage is set for a stellar evening.
The Australian Rally Museum has been in overdrive creating the 2015 Masterpiece Commemorative Series pieces for display and auction at the Hall of Fame evening.
The five pieces commissioned this year are:
- “2014 Rally Australia WRC Entrants” diorama – 1/43rd scale replicas of all 11 WRC cars as they competed at Rally Australia 2014. Hand signed by all drivers and co-drivers.
- “Juha Kankkunen Down Under” diorama – 1/43rd scale replicas of all 12 cars exactly as Juha competed in them here in Australia, between 1989 and 2002. Hand signed by Juha Kankkunen, Juha Piironen, Nicky Grist and Juha Repo.
- “Juha Kankkunen in Action Down Under” pictorial – A photographic study of each of the 12 cars in which Juha competed here in Australia in full flight, as shot by accomplished motorsport photographer, Stuart Bowes. Hand signed by Juha Kankkunen, Juha Piironen, Nicky Grist and Juha Repo.
- “Juha Kankkunen World Rally Drivers Titles” diorama – Hand built 1/24th scale replicas of the 4 different iconic rally cars which Juha drove to his 4 World Drivers titles. Hand signed by Juha Kankkunen, Juha Piironen and Nicky Grist.
- “40 Split Seconds” diorama – 1/18th scale replicas of the two Ford Escort BDAs that battled it out at the epic 1980 Castrol International Rally. Hand signed by Greg Carr, Ari Vatanen and David Richards, as well as being complimented with a copy of the iconic DVD “40 Split Seconds”.
All 2015 Masterpiece Commemorative Series Pieces will be accompanied by an Authenticity Certificate endorsed by Juha Kankkunen.
Now, if that’s not enough to get the rally memorabilia enthusiasts’ blood pumping, nothing will.
There has been a massive amount of work put into these pieces, so if you know of a fan of any of these drivers and/or co-drivers, please let them know that one set of these valuable unique collectibles will be for auction at the Hall of Fame Evening.
If you are interested in phone bidding or pre-bidding on any of these pieces, please contact Trevor Shelton from the Australian Rally Museum on 0413 091 645.